By Victor Castro
Balance and "tune" your root chakra with this at-home ritual.
Just as trees and plants are "rooted" in the earth, our spiritual energy (especially when working magic) needs to be grounded and balanced, as well. The root chakra governs our sense of wellbeing, safety, and stability in the world. Associated with the color red and earth element, the root chakra is known as Mūlādhāra in Sanskrit and considered the foundation for all other chakras.
Root Chakra Ritual
––1 Rose of Jericho
––1 goal/specific intention (optional)
––1 wide mouthed glass bowl
––1 crystal/stone/gem that aligns with courage or willpower (Carnelian, in this case)
––Good Earth incense
1. Cleanse bowl with Good Earth incense
2. Fill bowl with distilled water to cover half of Rose of Jericho
3. Place dab of Master oil on tip of stone and place in hand
4. LAM chant 15 times, envisioning your root chakra growing brighter and turning like a wheel. (You can listen to the chant w/ music here on Youtube).
5. Each morning for 7 days, wake up and perform LAM chant while holding your crystal in front of your pelvis with both hands.
6. Each evening, meditate and hold space to acknowledge negative thought patterns and habits that affect your courage –– and then will these negative patterns or blocks down the drain, as you dispose of the water from the bowl each day.
7. Correlate the blooming of the rose to your root chakra through journaling/sketches and carry it with you.
8. After 7 days, you should have performed 108 LAM mantras, a number sacred to Vedic cultures that equates to “the wholeness of existence.”
Enchantments' witch Kristi Klein recommends the following tips, as well: "My favorite thing to do to balance my Root Chakra is rubbing Good Earth oil on the soles of my feet. It's especially helpful before bed because that’s when my anxiety tends to spike. I sometimes also take a red figure candle and carve the Root Chakra symbol into it (and dress it with Good Earth), in order to help visualize myself being grounded.
Also just standing barefoot on the dirt ground is great for balancing your Root and realigning your system. I know that’s hard to do in major cities, but a friend once recommended getting organic soil and putting it in a flower pot that’s big enough to put my feet into. It's an alternative to going to a busy, crowded (city) park and standing barefoot in the grass," adds Klein.
Click here to read more on chakra candle magic and rituals from Enchantments.